Note: Sorry for the unexpected delay in releasing this post!
A general summary of this year and some of our many achievements.
2017 has been a very considerable year for the Rebel Penguin Federation. Some of our biggest achievements—including our prominent rise after the shutdown of Club Penguin—had occurred this year. So much happened in this new era, causing this to be the greatest so far out of all of the golden ages the RPF has ever had. Lots of new soldiers added with old veterans—along with whatever fell in between in the spectrum—made this year extremely memorable, so much so that I’m sure thirty years from now we’d still be the best of friends towards each other and/or feel nostalgic over memories of the past.
And because of all of these notable things, I’ve decided to make a post of a general summary of things that have occurred this year, including the achievements we’ve accomplished.
Table of Contents:
❗ Click on one of these to be directed to that location of the post. ❗
I: Brief History
[Quick, summarized history of RPF 2017]
Club Penguin announced the previous year it would shut down on March 29th, 2017. Many armies already accepted their fate and planned accordingly to have as much fun as they possibly could before the end would arrive. The RPF, too, accepted its fate with Club Penguin for a moment (after hosting events on CPPS.me in January once the army announced its continuation after the closure of CP) and even had a “final war” between the Nachos. After three months of events and the CP Army community saying its final goodbye, Club Penguin Armies shut down along with the game—a huge part of many people’s childhoods.
And soon, in April, the RPF breathed in the fresh new air of Club Penguin Rewritten. Because Club Penguin was gone for good, this meant a new generation for the Rebellion of 2007. Slowly, RPF gained troops over time at a very fast rate and eventually became a massive world power, bigger than any recorded CP Army there was and an obliterating force to the competition that stood—CPR Armies.
RPF remained in its golden age—one that was larger than any other for RPF and other known armies—for months (and still continues to do so now) after many new soldiers, old veterans, and whatever fell in between contributed to the overall growth and success. RPF’s move to Discord in June, along with having a mascot tracker, also led to even more new recruits coming to join daily. RPF was at the peak of the mountain, unrivaled by anyone (even from a major competition, Tubas).
Many of the RPF’s events were massively huge and overflowing with soldiers & perfect executions of tactics and formations—some of the largest events occurred in this golden age, which was thanks to the soldiers for making this true. Soldiers—including leaders—had come and left, and have influenced the RPF in several different ways.
And all of what occurred were merely partial reasons why this year was the most notable year in the existence of the Rebel Penguin Federation.
Our story continues…
[Feats RPF accomplished during 2017]
Note: Records are determined through site views, event numbers, number of users on Discord, number of comments in posts, important things that occurred, etc. There may have been some records that were missed. If you’ve noticed one was missed and it’s something that’s very prestigious or of that sort, please comment below.
A time of slight silence. RPF held events on CPPS and the high command at the time declared the army would continue even after the shutdown of Club Penguin.
- New catchphrase: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/catchphrase-contest-2017-results/
- RPF wins “Pain Wars”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-declares-total-victory-in-the-pain-wars/
- RPF moves to CPPS.me for the month
War! RPF battled against the Nachonnian Empire in an epic final war between two formidable rivals.
- Junie gets promoted to leader: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/junie17125-promoted-to-rpf-leader/
Acceptance of fate…or moving onward? RPF held its final events on CP and the high command at the time discussed whether to shut down along with Club Penguin or to continue.
- Commando’s address to the phenomena known as RPF: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/a-final-address-to-the-phenomena-of-the-rebel-penguin-federation/
- RPF’s final event on Club Penguin: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/final-rpf-event-on-club-penguin/
- It is announced that RPF will continue even after the closure of Club Penguin
- Shiny gets promoted to leader: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/shinys-promotion-to-the-role-of-rebel-commander/
The breath of new air! A new generation starts as the RPF rapidly gains new members. The army clashes with the Tubas.
- Huge RPF battle of April: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-sunday-battle-log-results/
- Official notice that RPF is in a golden age: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/the-fourth-golden-age/
A force to be reckoned with! The Rebellion of 2007 celebrates its 10th anniversary and continually marches onward.
- RPF’s 10th Anniversary Event results: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/tenth-anniversary-event-results/
- 10th Anniversary Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsw-kfgaccc&t=200s
- 10 years of RPF: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/10-year-of-rpf/
- Long post about RPF’s 10th Anniversary: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/tenth-anniversary/
- Popsicle gets promoted to leader (post deleted)
New innovations! The RPF changes its chat from Xat to Discord. That, and along with being the summer, brought new recruits into the Rebellion! The start of summer already had some expectations exceeded.
- RPF’s official announcement to move from Xat to Discord: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-officially-moving-to-discord/
- Accusations of RPF bot raiding and hacking disproven: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-accused-of-bot-raiding-cpr-and-hacking-tuba-discord-disproven/
- Part 2 of accusations disproven: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-accused-of-bot-raiding-cpr-and-hacking-tuba-discord-disproven-part-2/
- Shiny retires from the RPF: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/shinys-retirement/
- Twitchy543 returns to the RPF Leadership: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/twitchys-back/
- Winner of the 2017 Catchphrase Contest: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/catchphrase-contest-winners-results/
- “Operation: Rebel Dawn”, Commando’s plan for the expansion of RPF into other games: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-rebel-dawn/
- “Operation: First Recon”, an interesting event that combines a scouting exercise and the “Iron Curtain” tactic: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-first-recon/
Success! The army still remains at the peak, unrivaled and undefeated by no one! New records are being accomplished while new ideas are being used! The RPF holds its first ever Olympics and divides the members into four main teams!
- “Operation: Disguise”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-disguise-success/
- Twitchy543 retires from the RPF: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/the-retirement-of-twitchy543/
- RPF vs. the community results: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-against-the-community/
- Video of RPF against the community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJIJpK_RPs0&t=133s
- The RPF Olympics begin: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-olympics-opening-ceremony-success-results/
Bigger than all other years! The undefeated army somehow grows even larger and holds some of its biggest events to ever be recorded on the website.
- End of the RPF Olympics: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-olympics-closing-ceremony-results/
- One of the most legendary events of RPF (100+ on): http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-jet-pack-a-massive-success/
- CPRAC Hunt and Kill tournament: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-wins-again-cprac-hunt-and-kill-results/
- August site views record:
- Best views in 1 day (from August):
Growing swiftly! Many users have joined in the RPF and made it the #1 most popular army of all time!
- Rebel News Media reintroduction: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/introducing-rebel-news-media/
- Left gets promoted to leader: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/i-have-been-made-rebel-commander/
- Oasis event during CPR problems: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-conquer-oasis-results/
Is there no end? Many types of events (e.g. holiday-themed) are being held! Spooky! Scary! Skeletons!
- “Operation: Rise”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-rise-huge-success-results/
- “Operation: Rebel Storm”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-rebel-storm-results-3/
Thanks for giving us many things! It’s crazy to think about the fact that many soldiers from all around the world united with common interests. The RPF is more than just an army!
- “Operation: Rebel Rush”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-rebel-rush-results/
- “Operation: First Recon” #2: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-first-recon-results-2/
- “Operation: Full Force”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-first-recon-results-2/
- RPF Minecraft Server launched: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-minecraft-factions-server-launched/
- “Operation: Undercover”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-undercover-great-success/
- 177 comments on an Active Count post: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/comment-for-a-promotion/
- “Operation: Dominate”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-dominate-results/
- “Operation: Medic”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-medic-results/
- RPF YouTube Channel Art Contest results (along with launch): http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-youtube-channel-art-contest-results/
And now…we’ve reached the end of the year. The Winter Olympics have started and ended this month. And, so many things have occurred this year! Great work for keeping this generation at an all-time high, Rebels!
- “Operation: Limitless”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-limitless-results/
- “Operation: Infiltrate: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-infiltrate-results/
- Huge Tuba hunt http://clubpenguinrpf.com/tuba-hunt-results/
- 450 active count comments: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/active-count-december-2017/
- “Operation: Rebel Parade”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-rebel-parade-results/
- Elmikey removed from the Rebel Penguin Federation: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/removal-of-elmikey-introduction-of-justice/
- “Operation: Antlers”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-antlers-a-success/
- “Operation: Snowplow”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-snowplow-results/
- “Operation: Rebel Burst” (Obliteration of RPM: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-rebel-burst-battle-results/
- “Operation: Stamp Mania”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-stamp-mania-results/
- “Operation: Elf Takeover”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-elf-takeover-results/
- “Operation: Sleigh Bells”: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/operation-sleigh-bells-results/
- RPF Winter Olympics begin: http://clubpenguinrpf.com/rpf-winter-olympics-opening-ceremony-results/
III: Recognition of Members
[A thank-you to all RPF over time who’ve served or is serving right now]
Throughout time, hundreds of soldiers—whether they had any effect on each of us or not—came and went like gusts of winds. And every single one of these soldiers contributed or influenced the RPF in some way—whether it be positive or negative, significant or minuscule. These soldiers are mostly ordinary people with unique abilities that truly differentiate each other from one another. And, most of these soldiers used those unique abilities of theirs to change something. And I truly would wish to thank those soldiers—the ones that came and left, along with the ones that are serving at this moment—for making this place more lively and exhibiting those abilities to contribute to all of us.
I want to thank every single RPF member—good or not—for taking the time to try out this army and maybe even fitting in. Many new friends were made, and in this generation, the fire burned even greater than all others. You, my friend, have done so many significant things and have truly connected with other people for common goals. You’ve made the RPF your own way, and maybe it even helped you to see a path to take. Many people see this army as a place to escape to—one to call home—or a simple way of relaxation or break. Whatever it is, the RPF is what you make it, and joining was the first step onto the ground.
Thank you for having played a role in the Rebel Penguin Federation. This year shone extremely brightly thanks to the efforts and contributions of soldiers like you.
[A final word and future hopes]
Overall, 2017 had been a crazy year both online and in real life. Countless new things have happened, and new experiences were experienced. The RPF, being the only surviving CP Army left in this new land, had proven its worth as one of the most legendary armies of all time. So many troops helped out with innovating new ideas during operations—like RPF Olympics and the move to Discord—on the website, and in the chat. People came and went this year too, but they may never be forgotten.
I’m hoping 2018 will be a great year for the RPF like this one. We can aim to gain even higher numbers during events, have more ideas planned out on what would happen, and make this experience people take the time to spend on being even better than before. Still, new friends will be made and rising challenges will be faced head-on. For both online and in real life, let’s hope that 2018 will be a great year.
And hopefully, start off with a great beginning.
Happy new year!
Fight the good fight!
~Junie, Popsicle, and the Entire RPF Ownership